thinking adding other aro with pics

anthony law

im thinking add a other aro in my 3500x1000x1000 tank. ive got a silver in there at the mo.hes about 600 to 700 long.can i get away with add one more your do i have to three more to stop them killing each other.

a other questine can will it be all rigth if they where young ones or do i have to get ones similar in sizes.

fish1010-Copy.jpg

fish1021.jpg

p/s it was a mess in my shed that day :facepalm:

awesome tank!! huge! needs clarity though:D or is that tannin from the wood?

i like to pretend im snorkellign when viewing my tank..

i reckon 3 aros minimum.

if you just add another, you may get lucky and they get along, 50/50 gamble i guess.

aro comm is my holy grail so been doing alot of readin, the more the better supposedly.

I would add 3 more to make 4 total.

are you gonna just add silvers or mix it up a little, maybe a green in there?

ill love to get a green a red and black. !drool: ..on the wise list ..but ill have to stick to silvers at this stage.

but it could be a possable ... :wink:

still frickin awesome!

i want an aro comm!

..... me things dont sell 1200litre and make aro comm....

NO HENWARD DONT DO IT

MY PRECIOUS>... DO IT!! DO IT IT WILL BE COOLLLLLLL

no , dont do it please, dont do it.... you need to save for a weddin..

my precious.... do it! there is nothign wrong with silver comm...... your fiance will love it...

NO, please... dont do it.........

:evil:

You'll have to consider also that you've got 2 oscars in the tank. There's a lot more on the net about oscars attacking arowanas than arowanas attacking oscars from what I've googled, so add that to the risk list lol. The silver may or may not go aggro on the new aro, it depends on your individual fish's temperament.

You'll have to consider also that you've got 2 oscars in the tank. There's a lot more on the net about oscars attacking arowanas than arowanas attacking oscars from what I've googled, so add that to the risk list lol. The silver may or may not go aggro on the new aro, it depends on your individual fish's temperament.

i dont think i have any thing to worry about...as the oscars are a pair ..they lay eggs in there all the time never attack any thing..but theres other fish in there that keeps them in line..and eats there eggs.the parrot faces chase them around.when a oscar comes close to there eggs..

Just gotta look out for the silver then! Never, ever underestimate an aro just because they are assumed to be "less aggressive" than other types of aro. To me, all aros are the top of their food chains (or very near to the top), so they own any environment they are in. Just because people have given jardinis and greens a really bad rep for their aggression doesn't mean that silvers aren't potential killers either. Be careful! :sage:

only thing a can think off a fish that kill anthor fish..if they are hungry. not get feed anuff or not a nuff space in a small tank..i dont think i have a problem with either.. :smln:

i dont think many have a 3000L tank in there shed :wink:

Well, give it a go lol.. But all I'm saying is that my green has attacked and killed fish even while being fed his normal meals lol. Maybe I just have a mean fish, he likes to bully the other tank mates into submission. Remember to have a backup plan for the new aro, just in case! :wink:

i reckon if you add 3 more, total fo 4, you will be ok.

they will hve some fights to begin with, thats natural.

but what will hapen is that they wont know who to attack and fend off, thats why numbres work so well.

same wtih most agro fish. numbers is key