My babies are growing:) pics

Samba2641

Hi again:)

I've been waiting for my wee crowntails to grow some more but my flatmate brought home the fancy camera again and I couldn't resist showing you all some pics.

apologies for the dirty glass, didn't realize till after the pics had been taken...

I've noticed that there seems to be a trade-off between clarity of colour and clarity of body shape in the photos taken...maybe its us though, any tips for future photo-shoots?

They aren't anything on Adriennes gorgeous fish but hey:)

1.jpg

no. 1

2a.jpg

no. 2

2b.jpg

no. 2 (again:))

3.jpg

no.3 -the only one without an ovipositor.

4.jpg

no. 4 -worst photo ever:)

Cheers,

Sam

Which ones if I may be so bold? I still haven't quite worked out the way to identify good points from bad...

They must be about 8 months by now, I'm feeding them the pellets suggested by you and they're getting bigger by the day.

That could be good, or bad depending on whether the murder victim of a few weeks ago was female or male:) Cross that bridge if and when I come to it though...

Cheers:)

the last 3 pics. If they are 8 months old the males should be fighting and there is a good chance that the dead one was a male, the stirrer who got his just deserts (in other words the one that normally ends up killed is the one who started it)

Theres nothing wrong with the other ones either. How big are they?

Thanks!

There should be only one male, if my sexing skills are worth anything I think it was the male who got into the compartment of a smaller female and killed her...I kinda hope so otherwise I'm tasked with the nigh impossible task of finding a male crowntail near Wellington...fun fun...

They are about 3 cms including the tails.

I have to say I always thought the comments about them being pigs when it comes to food were exaggerations, my lovely little things think its fun to jump into each others compartments when the lid is off and its food time and they think I'm taking too long to get to them...

I've had mine jump into the others compartment overnight THREE seperate times! So frustrating because their fins just start looking nice again and then they go and decide to do that :roll: Have made a lid now so shouldn't happen again. Lol. Was going to put pic of my double tail up but its looking too ragged for a photo shoot at the mo...