Tyre track and fire eel together?

henward

• 1 month later...

I used to throw them into the garden years ago when I lived at home, until the cat brought one inside...

I either bury my larger fish, or throw them in the rubbish bin. Buried my 45cm fire eel when it did the mystery death thing, just needed a long narrow trench...

• 3 weeks later...

Use it for eel bait! Its always sad when a cool fish dies but is interesting as you can get an up close hands on look at them with out the risk of harming them. I have kept both types eel before but not together. I prefer the tyre track myself but for no particular reason. Have seen pictures on the internet of people who have successfully housed them together.

usually iw ould feed prawns. but ig ot a fire eel that is a huge pig and eats pellets. Hikari massivore and Jumbo sticks is its primary diet. occasional shrimp but i wanna see hwo quickly i can get this fire eel to a monstrous size with a pure hikari diet:D

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by hikari in any way...(but if pet ware wants to sponsor me for constantly pushing their product, i would love to accept)

• 4 weeks later...
I reckon freeze it till the next rubbish collection day. Double bag it and put it in the bin the night before. Otherwise the smell will haunt you until the rubbish is taken out.

I had a 50+ cm giant gourami die on me, thats exactly what i did! Lol if i buried it the dog would have sniffed it out & dug it up, wouldn't have been pretty...