Summering Guppies

RoninBoxers

hi All!

Has anyone here summered guppies outside? Ive been wondering about trying some outside now we are coming to the hottest months?

Thought I might pop a few babies in a net in a pond to see if they will grow on...

Considering getting a remote thermometer to measure temps over a few days. This is in hawkesbay. Haven't dropped under 20 for a while!! But have been over 30...

Thoughts?

Cheers

Helene

Cool! I really just needed some more input. I worry a little that a cold snap will kill them (though we're fairly sheltered) I've been told it will... But can't resist trying!! (mean aye...)

We've had Rosy barbs and golden barbs in ponds and they love it. Goldens are more hardy, Rosy barbs suffer a bit when it really gets cooler. One horrible fish that loves ponds is Buenos Aires tetras. Those things are like pirahnas!!!!

i ahve kept guppies in ponds all year round before and they have done fine ...in fact they seemed to grow damned well i suspect this is due to the ammount of live food they had access to they bred well and everything and there seemed to be no problems at all so i say go for it...from my experiance you will not be dissapointed