Come on fighter enthusiasts - post some pics of your fish

Adrienne

Here are some pics of fighters I currently have in my tanks. As most of you know, at any one time I have around 200 fighting fish swimming around at my place. I am always interested in what other people have so please post some photos of your fish.

crowntail males

044.jpg

040.jpg

dragon plakats

046.jpg

012.jpg

plakat

008.jpg

giant

016-1.jpg

young fighters

001-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

020.jpg

002-2.jpg

031.jpg

Those dragon pk's make me want fighters again :nfs:

Yes, they are lovely fish but they are vicious.

Lessons I have learnt -

plakat males can jump at least 15cm to get in to the next tank to fight with another plakat male (the result so far, 1 very sulky male and he was the guilty party!)

plakat males are not as gentle on females as other tail types (the result so far, 1 dead dragon female and one very bruised female)

Yes, they are lovely fish but they are vicious.

Lessons I have learnt -

plakat males can jump at least 15cm to get in to the next tank to fight with another plakat male (the result so far, 1 very sulky male and he was the guilty party!)

plakat males are not as gentle on females as other tail types (the result so far, 1 dead dragon female and one very bruised female)

That's why I like the cos they flare, and sent lazy like my hms who flare a couple of times then do nothing :/

Adrienne, have you considered breeding the dragon genes into the giant? Might be a bit of work getting a giant strain and then adding dragon blood into it, but the results could be well worth it. I'm pretty sure I have seen dragon giants overseas, so it's not unheard of, only in NZ lol.

Yes I have considered it but until I get full giant females, bred through generations of crossing back to giants, I will most likely wait.

Then again... when there is a tank empty and calling my name I may think again. :sml1:

Yes I have considered it but until I get full giant females, bred through generations of crossing back to giants, I will most likely wait.

Then again... when there is a tank empty and calling my name I may think again. :sml1:

There's ALWAYS going to be a tank empty calling your name lol.. MTS!! :facepalm:

Not when there are no tanks left - I have all 18 in use atm and no where to put them, including no more power sockets or multiplugs!! :oops:

LoL, we should take a photo of your fishroom as an MTS warning poster in LFS haha.. Just so people know what they're getting into! :sage: