Broken heater?

Sophia

Noticed this today - the coils at the bottom of the heater have come unfurled somewhat. I don't know when or why it happened but it still heats to a steady temperature. I can't even remember the last time I took the heater out of the tank or when it could possibly have been bumped. Very odd.

And this is an Eheim too. :-?

123004-1.jpg

I hunted out the box and receipt (I keep everything :smln: ) and discovered that Animates receipts are programmed to self destruct after 6 months hahaha . It is much faded but you can just make out the date and the item.

P44, if they swiped my yellow club card at the time will it show as a transaction on there too?

I hunted out the box and receipt (I keep everything :smln: ) and discovered that Animates receipts are programmed to self destruct after 6 months hahaha . It is much faded but you can just make out the date and the item.

P44, if they swiped my yellow club card at the time will it show as a transaction on there too?

I am pretty sure if you give the shop the time/date they can look through the computer and print a new receipt and it should have shown up on your card as well so you should be fine.

Haha I like your description of the receipt. I've had that same problem with receipts for other things in the past too :nilly:.

Got a replacement heater this morning :happy2:

When I had the heater out of the tank you could see the wire above the un-coiling was coloured, under it was all shiny silver, glad I noticed when I did or it might have been a sticky end for my fish :o

might be a cheap knock off? In my experiance with general equipment you find that the manufacturer makes the stuff in say germany for EXAMPLE, then a year or two later they try to increase profit margin by making them in mexico or similar. The parts may be the same but they are assembled somewhere else (and vice versa)