Kauri in the aquarium?

Sophia

Ok scratch that then, I don't think the pavement counts as a swamp and last time I used wood found out on the beach it grew a horrible slime. Don't care if it's normal, I don't want that back again. :nilly:

any other sort of twigs you guys know will be OK?

Horrible slime is ok though (at least the kind I have seen)

Looks absolutely horrible but its only a "first wave" of bacteria, then later other bacteria outcompete it and the slime goes away..

I always tend to use wood that has no bark on it.. (stuff hides under the bark... germs and stuff)

This will be going in a tank that I am trying to get fish to breed in so need to keep the water as clean and fungus free as possible at least until I think I know what I'm doing. Since oak leaves are OK, maybe the twigs are also alright if I boil them too? :dunno:

I would think that any of the broadwoods would be fine as they are not sap heavy, I would be cautious about any of the podocarps/conifers as they tend to be full of sap.

Well dead dried/washed podocarp wood should be fine, and I'm sure that some of the wood that I have would be native podocarp.