whats the best way to pack plants for overnight in bags

Zayne

Lay the newspaper on the ground and get it wet enough that it's damp but not so wet that it falls apart when you fold it. I lay the plants on top and then fold the newspaper around them, then double bag them with ziplock bags.. and I even then seal the final bag with packing tape as another precaution. Put them in an envelope and pray it doesn't leak all over the couriers other mail :o

If you post plants in newspaper in a takeaway container or in ziplock bags they will leak and get the post office a little upset. If you put them into two plastic bags with a teaspoon of water and enough air to stop them getting crushed then in a cardboard box they will be fine for a number of days.If the box is no more than 70mm deep you can send them fastpost. Every time I have received plants in wet newspaper they have arrived a soggy mess and delivered by an unhappy postie.

If you post plants in newspaper in a takeaway container or in ziplock bags they will leak and get the post office a little upset. If you put them into two plastic bags with a teaspoon of water and enough air to stop them getting crushed then in a cardboard box they will be fine for a number of days.If the box is no more than 70mm deep you can send them fastpost. Every time I have received plants in wet newspaper they have arrived a soggy mess and delivered by an unhappy postie.

I agree.

I post mine the same as you Alan and never had a leakage or an issue.

Any plants I have received with wet paper turn out as mush