May 10, 201115 yr comment_433939 Hi whats the word for a person that studys freshwater enviroments specificaly? I need to know this and I know its not zoology, Biology or limnlogy. thanks Report
May 10, 201115 yr comment_433944 Ichthyology. That's someone who studies fish. I'd say "freshwater biologist" or "freshwater ecologist" if you're looking at the whole environment. Report
May 10, 201115 yr comment_434042 Icthyologist = studies fish Ecologist = studies ecology - can pretty much be an ecologist of any biological community. Freshwater ecologist studies freshwater communities including fish but also abiotic and other biotic facets of the system/processes/relationships etc etc. Report
May 11, 201115 yr Author comment_434092 are there any schools in auckland that specialise in either of those subjects? thanks Report
May 11, 201115 yr comment_434099 you'd do an ecology BSc and specialise in your final year and masters. I know massey has limnology down here and a few others to do with freash water systems. none that are specifically aimed at fw fish though. Report
May 11, 201115 yr Author comment_434102 ok, I'm in Intermediate now are there any holiday programs or anything? thanks Report
May 11, 201115 yr comment_434125 No schools do that. Can only specialise at Uni, I happen to be doing this course. Report
May 16, 201115 yr comment_435004 down at UC you do a BAC in science, where you take 3 compulsory biology courses, then provided you pass can go onto 2nd year which at uc does allow direct specializing. id recommend UC, has a top science program and we have a brand new zoology department for post grads... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.