%#$@* WHITESPOT!!

cracker

My Blue tang still has it and wont get rid of it.

Please someone tell me what do I do, Or should I just sit back and watch?

Getting a little frustrated here.

Garlic aint doing much on the grand scale of things and don't want to keep infecting the system with it either.

What do you guys do?

:evil:

For want of sounding like a broken record, I would be inclinded to let it run its course. If the tank is still eating and acting healthy, it will go away.

Ive been fighting whitespot with my own blue tang for over 15 months! When its happy its fine, when its stressed (or should that be when I stress it) it gets white spot.

When I moved everything from the existing tank to upstairs he got whitespot again, so did my saillfin and my crazy tang. All gone now on the 2 others but the blue tang still has a few spots, I expect them to go away soonish.

If you can handle the pressure, try and hold off. Its worked for me in the past. Just keep the tank stable, avoid any stress (adding new fish, hands in tank etc) and in my limited experance it just passes.

Good luck, I am sure it will all work out fine.

PieMan

My tang died after 1-2 days of noticing it and then 1 week later my clown got it and died after 1 week? I did nothing too apart from add garlic to its food. for the clown I added stop parasites to the tank for about 1 week as I noticed it quicker. I was getting ready to give the clown a freshwater dip, the next morning and then it was dead by that morning. bummer! I saw some tangsin the new shipments at LFS which had white spot from the shipping I guess. It was very minor compared to what mine ended up having. Still dont really know what the problem was. It all started a week after I brought a new torch coral? My shrimp is doing ok and so are all the corals, so not sure if water quality had anything to do with it?

Problem now is trying to keep tempreture below 29-30 deg!! (This is after fish had died however) heater is turned off, and I only have flouro lights. Might have to try installing a fan, but no real room in my small hood.

How long do you need to leave it before you can add fish again

Bummer about the fish.

White spot does seem to be a problem at the moment because of the hot temperatures. My tank got up to 29.7c yesterday.

I would try to get something that is more white spot resistant like a 6 line wrasse. Blue tangs will generally get white spot with the fluctuating temperatures.

I run a $50.00 ducting fan from the Switched on gardener. If I run it 24 hours the temperature stays at 24-26 nicely. I generally have it off for a few hours in the morning as its not 100% quiet, but I live rural so very quiet here and I notice every little sound.

You have to cut a hole in the top of your hood or make a bracket for it.

Very simple and very necessary.

Reef, I cannot believe you don't have a chiller with a tank your size.

Or is it broken?

My tank's jumped about half a degree, maybe a bit more since I threw in 4 extra small powerheads. I didn't expect them to make that much of a difference. Went and checked the temp this afternoon and it was at 25.9 where before it'd been maxing out around 25.5.