Website upgrade

Jennifer

Today you will have seen a number of changes implemented with the web upgrade. A lot has happened since the executive meeting last November when we decided to upgrade the site. Since then, many a holiday, weekend and long night have been spent over all the little details. As a small non-profit organisation we simply would not have been able to finance such an upgrade without the help of numerous volunteers.

I would like to personally thank each and every member who has joined and renewed membership to affiliated clubs this year, your membership fees have really made a difference and have allowed us to continue hosting this site. Development of the site involved a significant effort and I would like to thank Flatfish and Supasi for adding content to the plant and fish databases; thanks to the executives committee members and delegates who took time out to test the site last week to help work out the kinks. Also deserving of significant appreciation is John, our tech support for the really hairy stuff. But above all, I would like everyone to join me in thanking Diane and Warren for their hours and hours of time designing and developing the site and upgrading the forums. I am sure we will all be enjoying their efforts in the months and years to come.

In the new site you will see two new areas of note, the first is the new opportunity for associate membership. This is to allow people to become affiliated members without having to join a club. For more information, see: http://www.fnzas.org.nz/?page_id=40

The Christchurch quake has had a devastating effect on hobbyists in the area. As a result, the FNZAS has inititated a quake relief fund to help quake-affected Christchurch members get back in the hobby. If each one of us donates just a few dollars, we can really make a difference. Please help if you can: http://www.fnzas.org.nz/?p=1304

The upgrade is mostly complete and will be a work in progress as we add more features including a members only area. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated as we get this underway.