Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slient (Completey) Filter Options

Featured Replies

I am currently running six of the fluval 05 canisters and they are all quiet unless I have the flow turned down too low, or they get dirty or air trapped within. I am a light sleeper but I would definitely consider putting one in my bedroom... hmmm, that actually gives me a new idea for a tank......

I have an Eheim 2080 thats a few weeks old and I must say its not as quite as people make it out to be, I guess that depends on peoples interpretation of quite and how old are they :roll:

It isn't as loud as my aquaone 2400 but then again its output is about 800L p/h less.

Also depends on wear and tear on the filter, the aligment of the stars and proximity of cats. I had one 404 that was pretty silent until the cats were running around one day and bumped into it. Suddenly, NOISY. Even after replacing the impeller, shaft and impeller chamber cover.

How old is the 405? My Sunsun was pretty quiet at first (8 months ago) now it is probably twice is loud. Appart from the sound it seems like a pretty good filter. :-?

Its coming on 2years old now, running since the day I got it. and still runs quietly in my room. Like others have said, If they get a little noisy, its time for a clean out and its quiet again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.