My Albino Angels have babys

Ali.

I have had to remove the mother first because the father was attacking her.

I then removed all the babies to another tank to give them the best chance of survival.

There is no gravel in the new tank and a spounge filter. I will use liquid food until they can eat larger particles after that maybe decap.

I dont have a good source of green water but i do have the log that the parents had put them on, which has algae on it. they seem to be eating the algae.

Is ther anything i'm forgeting?

Thanks alanmin4304 I thought they were eating but at close inspection they are just hanging to the log and they still have a little yolk sac

Here is a photo of them in their new accommodation (some keep running away from home)

There are lots more that you cant see, maybe 80-100 of them.

DSC07793.jpg

They will probably free themselves from the rock but still not be free swimming. Don't feed them till they are up and about. Then you feed them every time you walk past the tank and do a water change on the way back.

Thanks alanmin4304 will do. So I will feed them when their yolksac has gone and all are up and about. is that right?

yes some do take off but then rest on the bottom of the tank. :nilly:

I tryed to get a good photo of one but they move too quickly and are small so this one is a bit fuzzy.

Fry.jpg

They will "swarm" when ready. The whole lot will up and shoal at the same time. That means they have consumed the yolksac and are looking for food. I used to raise them in a bare tank with a sponge filter and feed mainly live brineshrimp nupli otherwise most of the food ends up in the gravel and rots. I also used a small pilot light to attract the brineshrimp to one location and to keep them feeding at night.

Yip thats what they are doing now. they seem to hang out together in the bottom corner of the tank and when i get close they all head for the top to get food.

I think there is about 150 of them and they all have little red eyes. I could watch them all day.

I will keep that in mind when i am thinning out the tank, Zayne.

They are a lot of work but they are in good condition and about the size of a baby guppy now.

Some have died, maybe less than 6, the others eat them up because they are hungery little fish.

• 2 weeks later...