Shrimp Help Please

Squirt

Hello

I live in the Kapiti Coast. Tonight I went out to a local river to look for some shrimp. I took my torch and net(and dog ;)). Unfortuantely I only found 2? Any ideas on a trap to catch them in? Or a better place to look?

Thanks

Well Tonight completely failed :facepalm:

I caught....wait for it.... 1 shrimp?! about 12 eels and 7 fish(released all except the shrimp...)

any more ideas?! I spent 1 hour out there freezing my legs off... The river is up a bit from the estuary

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

well went to himatangi yesterday and got some shrimp. I had no luck on one side so tried the other side of the stream and found loads of little guys and a few bigger ones, along with flat worms and numerouse amounts other aquatic invertibrates.

I've put half of them into my cold tank and so far they are all doing well, though I can't find my big guy. Will the get sucked up the filter?

great that you found some!!

Yes, non-pink 'dead shrimp' are vacated exoskeletons.

From now until about November the temperatures down here are fine for native critters, unless your tank is on a windowsill or similar ;)