Finally, my Apistogramma macmasteri have spawned!

Joe

You must be quite happy.

Well of course I am; why wouldn't I be? :lol:

Now if I can just get them to hatch and raise them succsessfully then I can fsell all the fry and make enough money to start purchasing some stuff for the big high-tech tank that I want :happy1:

I've got nowhere to remove the fish to :(

I have already lost half the eggs :cry:

I need to get some some stainless steel mesh to create a partition in the tank so I can move the fish into that area so they can spawn and then I'll remove them. Or something like that anyway :)

Hi

That not good...Put parents in a net and hold at the top of tank..Very hard to stop fry getting past mesh..Once you see are autually wriggleing with air tube suck into a small jar of about 3 L and must be there own tank water...Float on top of the tank

Hopeful you can find some where else to move them to after that...Feed liquid fry food till big enough to take hatched brine shimps......Phill

Are the eggs fertile Joe? Your fish were on the smaller side when you got them and it is not uncommon for males to take a few goes to become fertile and mums to take a few goes to get it right as well. Just give them a bit of time to get it right :)

I watched my neighbours old keyhole pair spawn about 5 times in the short period he owned them. Never had fertile eggs and they had been breeding for ages :-?

My alpha male L104 lost his first batch of eggs but manged to raise 8 fry with his second spawn. Experience usually makes batch sizes improve. I saw it with my male fighters too.

The female will eat any infertile ones as they go off, chances are they were infertile and got eaten as they went bad and you didn't notice them, did you notice any darken or hatch and wriggle? That is the only sure fire way of saying they are fertile.. Just give them time apistos especially can be slow starters :)

They are pink to start off with even when infertile, they will gradually darken until around day 3 when they will hatch. If they are infertile the female will eat them as they go off, unless you were monitoring them constantly then you would have missed them going off and her eating them and then you have no idea if they are fertile or not :)

Joe. I have Terracotta pots and also bamboo pipes. Mine are currently on their third spawn and the seem to ignore the pots and spawn in the pipes. Same seems to apply to my Agassizi. If you position the pipes right you can monitor the eggs. Worth a try :) .