Operation Killie-Fail

blueyes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than suitable for killies, I have clowns, but am after someone to breed them who is a member of NZKA (hint hint...), and I think I have the reverse problem to the one I had last time - not very many males :-?

Funny you should mention the NZKA Zev, I've just pm'd Wok about joining.... and as of this week I am also an official member of the Auckland fishkeepers club.... so I guess it's now official.... I'm hooked.... it's like Hotel California really.... you can check out anytime you like-but you can never leave lol

:happy2:

The Auckland club seems to have quite a few new members since we left! Maybe it was us...haha.

Clown killies are super cute! I'm going to join the killie club this year I think, when I get round to filling out the forms lol, it's sad none of the other clubs are terribly close. :( :roll:

Conference would be great Caryl.... unfortunately at this stage it would have to depend on whether or not I have found employment by then (god I hope so) but if I have, then definitely will be there.

I've just bought a copy of the killii book too.....yay!!!!

More than suitable for killies, I have clowns, but am after someone to breed them who is a member of NZKA (hint hint...), and I think I have the reverse problem to the one I had last time - not very many males :-?

Do you mean breed as in Breeder style-collecting eggs and growing in seperate tanks etc, or a community of them in a planted tank style such as what I have with the scheeli? If the latter suits you then I am looking for another small fish when my scheeli have moved on. If you are keen for a proper breeding person then I couldn't do that.

I've just bought a copy of the killii book too.....yay!!!!

what killi book is it?

So today I am cleaning out the tank and arranging the hardscape lol..... plantwise I am looking at lots of crypts mainly with some indian fern, moss, riccia, dwarf hairgrass and I'm thinking maybe some green pine..... suggestions are welcome of course..... if anyone has any crypts for sale can you let me know, theres nothing on trade me at the moment, though I did buy 2 red wendtii the other day so these will be first in :D

Thanks Sophia.... I was out there the other day so might make another trip next week maybe, still hadn't really decided exactly what I was going to do at that stage.... but now I have a plan hehe..... though I should really be keeping better track of my spending lol, but this is too much fun!

no idea but if you are spending that much you could go to HFF and get an Eheim pickup 2006 like mine for $57 less the 10% fnzas discount if you have your membership card. It does up to 45 litres - or is your tank bigger? Next size up is about another $20 but they are worth it.

The tank does have a filter that has a rack in the top that it fits into..... just that it means the plants along the back of the tank won't really get any light..... but I guess I should really just see how they go and if it becomes a problem then I can sort it later :D

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! You are officially looking at the newest member of the Killie Club :happy2:

Tank hardscaping has commenced and plants are now all ordered..... I'm so glad I can come here to share my excitement.... I'm pretty sure most of my friends just think I'm a crazy fish lady lol