Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 20g Kit

Joutei

Sweet as

My tank : Juwel Rekord 600 (63L) - I may get some light reflectors soon

I have an airstone running 24/7

Nutrients: My friend may give me some Flourish comprehensive

The reason I want pressurised CO2 is that I feel it's more stable and controllable, and flucuates far less. As stability is what I seek.

Also I read about fluctuating carbon levels affecting growth

What Im hoping to achieve is something like this :

Don't do it. It costs far too much for what it is. Better off with DIY CO2.

For $60 odd I think your far better off with the fluval system, DIY is a painful option that IMO only became popular cause pressurized CO2 used to be so expensive. DIY needs constant watching, has inconsistent output, is messy, risky, ugly to look at sitting beside your tank, and if you add up all the bit's you need and consumables will cost you just about as much anyway

By $60 I assume you mean the initial cost of the Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 20g kit. The cartridges these come with are NOT refillable and must be bought new for $36.00 (3 Pack). Who knows how long they will last but by the time you've gone through 12 refills, you would have spent enough money to buy a sodastream unit, costing roughly $11 for a refill and likely lasting longer. Yes these units appear to be a good price at first, but the refills make it a very expensive way to get CO2 into your tank.

Joutei, if your fish are that sensitive don't use CO2. I've never had any issues with my DIY CO2 and you can add a gang valve if you'd like to "switch it off" when the lights aren't on.

The cartridges these come with are NOT refillable and must be bought new for $36.00 (3 Pack).

99754069_full.jpg

Or these for $1.50 rather than the fluval ones for $12 each, they're a little smaller but from the looks of it might fit. Still expensive long term.

• 2 months later...