My New unfinished tank

the new guy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i know. she has no idea! lol i have pictures of the tank stand etc i will post when i have completed it. the stand we got for free from someone whos tank smashed in the earthquake but we are getting a new tank to fit it. its rather quite big too. but we cant do anything until we move to our new permanent home in October.

what are you guys on about, goldfish are cool

do a search and find Phoenix44's tank and tell me that isn't a cool tank

:sage:

dont get me wrong. i like goldfish but to put them in my future marine tank, that's just darn right outrageous!

and yes i have seen his tank and its amazing! lol :nfs:

What kind of goldfish are in there? 65L is small for goldfish. Most grow to 20-30cm long. I have the same tank as you and it's only 60cm long and about 30cm wide. I have 1 blue fantail goldfish in there temporarily, as I had to rescue it from my pond as a cat got my chocolate one so I decided to remove the blue one and put him/her in the tank until I have found a solution. But he/she is only about 7cm long at the moment.

I got my tank on special from Animates for $79.99.

Yep lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish#Size

The largest known goldfish was 48cm long!

craig - you could try talking your gf into getting an old bathtub and turning it into a pond. That's what I'm doing :) I wanted to get a claw foot one but they are very heavy and would probably need 3-4 people just to lift it. So I'm going with an acrylic one but I worked out the volume and apparently it's 622 litres. So definitely big enough! :thup:

the fish are about 3-4 cm each not big at all. there is plenty of room for them to swim in. i have seen goldfish much bigger than that esp in Hongkong. they are massive and they are everywhere(ponds, water fetures etc)

i have tried talking to her about a bath or a pond but she came out right and said NO lol cos she doesnt want our baby son falling in it(even with a small fence around it) he is almost crawling too.