Help needed again

tabrat

just filled tank with water,,,instructions say fill to above water level line on tank..I/We can not see a water level line on tank,,how high do you fill tank with water????? have filled to glass and black top meeting is this correct. Everything is turned on and look/working great but getting large air pockets occasionally,, is tat surposed to happen,,or should the flow be more steady/fluient :dunno: ,,,any help at all be great..Cheers again. :dunno:

The water level can be as high as you like it, but keep it a cm or two below the top so if a fish jumps the small wave won't cause you to lose water out of the tank.

Have you got an external canister filter? If so, I shake mine until the air pockets are all gone, otherwise it will work itself out eventually.

couldn't find what I was looking for on google - I fill most of mine to somewhere between 1-2cm from the top.

How does the filter work - is the filter inside the lid and does it use a power head to suck the water up and then trickle it back though the media into the tank?

Yay I can finally help someone :happy1:

I have the exact same tank, its the vista, very nice tank :D

I fill it so that if you look at it at eye level then the water is right at the black part of the lid. So where the glass ends is basically up to where I fill it. If you are talking about airpockets that float around in the tank underneath our big container which houses our filter media then I solved that problem by turning the head which spouts the water so that it goes out straight ahead or to the side nearest to it. If it shows towards the middle of the tank then it creates these airpockets which occasionally creep till the end of the container and then pops.

Hope that helped you :wink:

edit to add I will look for a pic of mine to show you :)

Found one

003-1.jpg

I fill it to where the glass ends if you look from the outside, see which side my filter thingy is pointing that prevents the air pockets :wink:

The blue planets are all fitted with a 3 stage trickle filter in the hood...the pump sucks water up through the long inlet pipe, it goes through the filter box up top - then returns into the tank through the little black pipe.

I used to get little air bubbles if my water level was low, so the water was 'falling' 1 or 2cm from the filter into the water. Usually it is pretty smooth though. Have you checked that the little snap-locks are closed tightly on the filter box? You could also try adjusting the flow rate by turning the little dial on the elbow pipe that connects the pump to the filter box?

As for the water level - there may be a little line on the filter pump itself. That little pump needs to be mostly submerged to draw water up - so have a look at that.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks alot all for your help, tank seems to be cycling well and all seems to be fine. will be back with more seemingly stupid questions no doubt. Tried to do one test on water tonite,,but tiredness got ta better of me,,will try again tomorrow nite :o with results.