Apisto viejita spawn

Davd-lw

:facepalm: one batch got moldy, the other batch, the female ate the eggs.

this lead me some questions:

1.r they viejita or macmasteri? or the left one is viejita, the right one is Macmasteri??

anyone know?? :facepalm:

2. can Apisto x breed?

3. are the eggs fertilized??

wont be long, they will do it for me again. hope nxt time all goes well. :evil:

Sorry to hear that David, most fish take a few goes to get it right, males mature after females so maybe he isn't fertile or doing the right thing yet..

Marklb put some pics up on an overseas apisto forum and the conclusion was macmasteri, true viejita are rather rare internationally so the odds of getting them come into NZ is quite low (of course it could still happen). Either way the 2 are very similar so no real biggie in how they look etc, I guess the 2 could cross breed if you did have a male/female of different types.

• 1 month later...

Neato :hail: :happy1:

I have eggs for the 3rd time and the mum is really doing her thing but still no evidence of fry. Although, I haven't been looking lately so who knows what I may have missed. :oops:

Mine have spawned countless times, and still no luck :x I need to try and get a rainwater collecting system set up so I can use rainwater soaked in peat because our tapwater here is hard.

Jennifer could you please post some pics of your pair please? :P:)