Ummm - Question On Restarting External Cannister Filter

tracytrout

Went to clean external cannister filter a couple of weeks ago and the impeller broke, wasn't that dirty so I just unplugged it and popped it in the garage :oops: .

Have replaced the impeller today and am now wondering if it's ok to just plug it back in or do I need to give it a good clean or replace some of the media?? :dunno:

Went to clean external cannister filter a couple of weeks ago and the impeller broke, wasn't that dirty so I just unplugged it and popped it in the garage :oops: .

Have replaced the impeller today and am now wondering if it's ok to just plug it back in or do I need to give it a good clean or replace some of the media?? :dunno:

You clearly haven't opened it up or you'd know it needs a VERY good clean. Keep a bucket nearby to vomit in when you open it.

:facepalm: Bucket for vomiting wasn't needed when i replaced the impeller today thank goodness so I must have cleaned it a couple of weeks ago. DOH!!...another brain fart :oops: .

Will clean again and recycle though...sooo glad I asked as finding a tank of dead fish would have been very sad indeed &c:ry

Thanks everyone for your help :wave: