Newby

carlos

Hello. Im a new beardie owner. My bd's name is dezy and I think its a girl. Dezy im told is around 1 year old, I got her in december. My only concern with her at the mo is her to front feet are turned up so she looks like she has her palms up. I was told that this is due to a lack of calcium when she was little, so I have been giving her calcium on her food every day. Has anyone seen anything like it before, or know if she is likely to come right?

probably not unfortunately.Without seeing her I would suggest for the front feet to be turned up as you describe would lead me to think that the bones have been that soft or even broken and healed up like that due to the lizard walking around on them when they were actually broken or soft and rubbery because of the lack of calcium?Just my thoughts so I could be wrong,others may have better ideas?

Hello. Im a new beardie owner. My bd's name is dezy and I think its a girl. Dezy im told is around 1 year old, I got her in december. My only concern with her at the mo is her to front feet are turned up so she looks like she has her palms up. I was told that this is due to a lack of calcium when she was little, so I have been giving her calcium on her food every day. Has anyone seen anything like it before, or know if she is likely to come right?

how much calcium daily? should be weekly or fortnightly as you cant play catch-up if already one year old. They can only absorb so much....maybe a very very light dusting daily....plenty of grated carrot n dandelion helps. And either fresh or moving drinking water to help digestion and absorption . get it outside if you can.sunlight,sunlight,sunlight.....doesn't matter how flash your uvtube and heat lamp...there's no substitute for natural sunlight! conversely make shore it also has access to shade and shelter so it doesn't cook...

It has been just a sprinkle of calcium daily. I dust locusts which she gets every 2-3 days and and a dusting on her veges everyday.

Was thinking about dusting just her live food and leaving the vege plain though. I had been giving her so much because I was told her feet were slowly turning and getting better with the use of the calcium, from the guy I got her from. If sunlight is better then maybe she would like a visit to my bird avery then, (it has no birds). As for the drinking water she still wont drink from a bowl or in a bath so I have to spray her and she drinks drops off her nose. Thanks for the help.

Ok, so I put Dezy outside and she had a ball ont there, racing around looking for bugs, eating the odd bit of old dry leaf and a lil bit of wood shaving, then basking on the sun, all this in an hour then I got her back in as the wind was getting up and the day ending. She went back in her enclosure at 5.30pm and she is still at 8.10pm basking under her lamp. I think its a lil odd but she must be happy. She also finished all her food when she came in, so maybe just digesting before bed. Lights out at 8.45 so she dosnt have too much longer.