How Pregnent ?

Billaney

Hi Guys

I'm not sure how pregnant this white molly is, she is in my large community tank and I want to move her when she's close to a birthing tank but also do not want to move her too early.

Your comments and opinions would be appreciated

Thanks

Livebearers.jpg

WhiteMolly.jpg

Mollies dont tend to show there pregnancy compared to guppys and play, however she looks quiet full in the back end there, you might want to move her now. What i suggest you do for a communtiy type tank like that is put heaps of plants in there, and if you miss a birthing you can just check among the plant for fry. Mollie fry are generally bigger than anyother livebearer.

Shae

The best plant for the fry to hide amongst is the Java Moss. It is excellent for fry cover - I don't bother removing pregnant Platies anymore, most of the fry survive just fine. I don't even bother with fry food anymore because there is plenty of food in the Java Moss to sustain them.

actually from experience i have found that some type of hair grass i have is the best, much better than java moss, however if you only have either of these plant then it isnt going to work very well, you want heaps of plant all sorts of different variesties, make sure you get some java fern as most fry go to the surface of the water when first born and if there is floating plants the they will hide and survive in it.

Shae