Blue Ram Breeding Advice

FraserNZ

Update: I found the male guarding some eggs on another piece of wood tonight so I got my small 13L tank ready with about 4 liters of water from the parents tank. I decided I would attempt to remove some of the eggs from the piece of wood and the return the wood and the remaining eggs to the parents tank as it was way too hard to work with the wood in the 13L tank.

I managed to remove the eggs into the bottom half of a 1.5 liter water bottle. I placed this into the 13L tank which has a 50w heater which is set to 30c however the temp unfortunately dropped to 27c while I was setting everything up so I hope the eggs have survived! Anyway, I'm hoping now that the eggs are in the bottle of this bottle they will be a lot easier to look after during the wriggling stage.

Here's a photo of the setup after I added 3 drops of meth blue...

ims17s.jpg

Hopefully I get some fry this time :-?

• 1 year later...

i know this is a old topic but have you tried using egg incubators? you use them primarily for African cichlids but the principle is the same most eggs need to have the water moving over them to keep them cool that would be why they are dieing or going white so quick you can you-tube how to make the incubators it would only cost about $5 per incubator

if you search "striping African cichlids" the incubators should come up too

i hope this helps or you have had success!