New Tank Project

GZ_Loach

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: 2 more coats of resin and 2 coats of Black silica sand, Even with 3 coats plus the sand its still a little fin along the edges due to the resin not being thick enough, seems to slide off the finer edges and only leaves a fin layer behind. One last coat tommorow and it should be ready to melt the poly :thup:

P.s I plan to make another wall along one side of the tank, thats why on the left side of the background theres a flat section.

sam0141s.jpg

sam0132x.jpg

sam0136v.jpg

sam0140u.jpg

sam0138g.jpg

sam0135v.jpg

Taking longer than it should have because the resin split in half when i ate away the poly, Added some fibreglass tape to strengthen/join it back togeather.. But now I'm going to modify the whole thing and add a mini waterfall to it using one of the return pipes

Almost :bounce: Waiting for my next piece of background to cure and for my sample pack of gravel/sand to arrive so I can choose a substrate to put in the tank before i fill it. Ran out of money last week so couldn't get the resin I needed to finish.

Quick update,

Got 150kgs of black satin sand and 25kgs of black diamond gravel yesterday, also carved the last bit of the background (to go on the side).

Just waiting for the silicon to cure and then the tank will be filled and ready to go Tuesday night, with fish going in on either Wednesday or Thursday (depending on how I feel)

Still have to get:

*Metal Halides

*Moon Light

*CO2

*Plants

*Dark coloured rocks

Have found the metal halides I want to use but can't get them till next pay day :D