are rainbow skinks leagle to keep

Stuff doc most of them dont know what they are doing dont get me wrong doc is doing a good job with the natives but seriously making rainbow skinks as a pest is just stupid why kill an animal its not its fault it is a pest the law seems to make no sense now just keep it feel sorry for the little fellas doc needs to get onto doing somthing about cats and dogs! A well feed mogie will eat 17 lizards on average each night i think doc just needs to put a ban on cats being out and about at night and if caught they will be taken some were and kept and the Owner needs to pay a fine to get them back!and what about hedge hoges what about them do you have to kill them or so

Thing? But they still make a poor inocent lizard a pest :evil:

perhaps you could read your statement, think about it rationally then edit it to save yourself some embarrassment.

I really don't care what DOC thinks, a lizard is a lizard and it is not the Rainbow Skinks' fault that they were introduced from Aussie. I could never kill one. I think you should keep them as pets because they are beautiful and fascinating to watch. Do they actually do any damage?

I also think they have a major cuteness factor :love:

perhaps you could read your statement, think about it rationally then edit it to save yourself some embarrassment.

This makes no sense whatsoever herperjosh. Have you been hanging out with extra-terrestrials?

theres a reason we kill possum's whether we like it or not. some things just need to be done.

if we want our native fauna to remain what it is the cute furry ones must be kept to a minimum. that is just how it is & it is the same with what ever these rainbow things are. they must be doing harm to natives in some way, DOC simply don't give classifications like that just for a reason to kill them or stop people having them as pets.

that may well be,but in fact there is not much point closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

In this case the skinks are spread far and wide up and down the north Island,largely due to the presence of railway lines,they hop on catch a ride and hop off to start a new colony.

I really don't care what DOC thinks, a lizard is a lizard and it is not the Rainbow Skinks' fault that they were introduced from Aussie. I could never kill one. I think you should keep them as pets because they are beautiful and fascinating to watch. Do they actually do any damage?

I also think they have a major cuteness factor :love:

This makes no sense whatsoever herperjosh. Have you been hanging out with extra-

terrestrials?

I was just mad so i didnt think through what i was posting.

that may well be,but in fact there is not much point closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

In this case the skinks are spread far and wide up and down the north Island,largely due to the presence of railway lines,they hop on catch a ride and hop off to start a new colony.

i agree but not to put any legislation in on such things as keeping them, breeding & transporting etc would be a very silly thing to do. not to ban them would allow anyone to legally spread them further & if they were to become a popular pet their numbers would increase along with the chance of them being released. the legislation will also allow DOC etc to move on that species if they see the need to, DOC are only looking out for our country even if that doesn't please everyone with how they do it. i am sure we all regret it if our natives were lost forever. :)