who to breed

Trilobite

I want to breed my metalic masked guy because he is getting older and colourwise is my best fish.

Heres the father

che.jpg?t=1293520443

here are the choices

f3.jpg?t=1293520327

f4.jpg?t=1293520327

The first girl has the best colour and crossing her will most likely result in some offspring with slight masking at least which i can improve in F2 etc..

But the second girl has the best finnage and is my only true hm and breeding her to him would give me some fish that would reach hm if not in F1 then F2.

so the question lies in breeding for colour or finnage.

or is there any way to breed 2 females to one male?

two females to one male - yes

put one pair together, after they spawn wait until the fry are free swimming and the father is removed then put the male with the other female.

Fighters don't pair for life in nature - the males are in the mud in the fields waiting for the rain to allow a female to pass by. Once they have spawned he chases her away and waits days, weeks or even months for another to swim past.

How about 2 females at the same time? I only have one spare breeding tank and my other tank is holding half pk babies.

In the wild what would happen if 2 females appeared at the same time?

would he breed with both? or would the dominant female chase her away. Would then, the more submissive female wait for her turn or just give up and find another male?

I suppose I would need a huge tank to replicate that scenario though