December 27, 201015 yr comment_412295 Hello, I have a clown loach and have had him for a good 6 months now, hes doing ok but im getting a bigger tank (330L) and I know he is supposed to have a few more than just the one, any reccommendations? will new baby clown loaches be ok or should I be hunting for some bigger ones to match? roughly how many is a good sized group? Thanks Shey Report
December 27, 201015 yr comment_412298 I would say 4-5 at the least for a group the more ther better Report
December 27, 201015 yr Author comment_412331 haha I agree, im getting a UFO880, so far I have : 2 Angels, 4 or 5 Tiger Barbs 6 or so Odessa Barbs 1 Bristlenose Pleco 1 Clown Loach 1 Male Swordtail how many more fish could I put in a UFO880? My partner decided that the condition that I get this tank is that she is allowed 2 silver sharks, Bala sharks I believe? so there will be two f them too, looking for stocking and planting ideas, etc.. probably another subject though.. Anyone selling loaches cheap? Report
December 27, 201015 yr Author comment_412334 keep in mind that bala sharks get to 30cm Lol, I forgot about that. I might have to restrict her to one... Report
December 27, 201015 yr comment_412338 Due to the weird shape I don't think bala sharks would be a good idea, it'll look too big for the tank when it gets to full size. I think more numbers of smaller fish rather than less numbers of bigger fish is what you should go for. More impressive when you have different colours swimming everywhere. Report
December 27, 201015 yr comment_412350 I don't know all that much about barbs, but you could increase the numbers perhaps? I think they get a bit nippy in smaller groups, and larger ones help spread the aggression. Report
December 27, 201015 yr comment_412375 More tiger barbs and more clown loachs is what I would go for. Gold barbs are still my fav though :roll: Report
December 27, 201015 yr comment_412383 youc an mix different sizes of clowns. they all get along very well and easily. they dont get agrow tih each other like other fish. more community fish, as if the older ones are leaders the smaller ones follow. i find that in my group, everyone gets to feed properly. Report
December 28, 201015 yr Author comment_412451 Thanks Guys, just waiting for my new tank now, cant wait! :happy2: :happy2: Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412453 do a clown tank, 50 clown loacheS:d wicked seeing them in a big school! Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412474 do a clown tank, 50 clown loacheS:d wicked seeing them in a big school! Thats if you have $1000 to spare :lol: Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412482 thats true roskill hff has specials 10 bux a pop they are twice that down here Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412484 i have just read in the practical fish keeping (pfk) mag that you dont have to keep the same genus so you could get other kinds like a red finn or same kind of botia loach and they well be happy just make sure they have the same temperment so you dont need as bigger tank to house them :happy2: Report
December 28, 201015 yr Author comment_412504 Wow only ten bucks! they are $20.20 from my LFS, we will see how the tank pans out, im thinking approx 15 tiger barbs, 15 odessas, 10-15 Clown Loaches, my Pleco (and maybe a Queen Arabesque too) my two angels, and a couple of swordtails, to give my lone male swordtail some ladyfriends :love: haha Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412556 i find other loac hes dont school with clown loaches. i tried. maybe just me Report
December 28, 201015 yr comment_412559 That sounds good, but I think you would need some SAEs and corys to. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.