Couple of questions

aquariumbeginner32

Hello again!

My husband has one of those Raid things on the wall in the dining room that lets off a little spray every so often. Well I remember when I had a fish in my bedroom at home and my dad sprayed fly spray in my bedroom and it killed it. I am going to be putting the tank in our bedroom and the Raid thing doesn't seem to kill anything unless it's really close to it. Is it going to be safe to have it going with the fish in our bedroom? The tank does have a lid.

Second question... totally off topic but hopefully someone knows the answer... I want to put something in our blow up swimming pool ... it's 1400L and I want to put some chlorine in or chlorine tablets to keep it clean... but we have a 4yo daughter who will drink the water. She did it last year. We found out on the 1st Dec that she is Autistic... so she won't understand why she can't drink the water.

If I put Chlorine tablets or Chlorine in there and she drinks the water is it going to hurt her?

Thanks Zayne. Thought I better make sure because I remember my parents telling us when we were kids not to drink the pool water because of the Chlorine. I don't plan on putting lots of it in there... just a little....though it's only $5.60 to fill the pool with water so it's not a big deal to change the water if it needs to be changed. Just a pain in the backside....

If you do not wish to subject your fish to being constantly sprayed with insecticide why would you want to subject your family? The chlorine in the swimming pool will be at a concentration that should be harmless---it is the other things in there that may be a problem.

I personally hate the Raid automatic thingees. My husband wanted to get one. I don't even like using fly spray.

Fly spray is supposedly harmless for us...

Care to expand on that? What other things in the pool should I be worried about? Isn't the chlorine supposed to kill things like E Coli? The reason I want to use it is to stop the pool getting algae in it. It's going to be covered with a tarpaulin when not in use to keep dirt/leaves/insects out.

Anyway, we used it last year without getting sick.

You probably have some chlorine put in your water before it gets to you. Algae grows in sunlight. Do you have a shady place you could put your pool?

Each to their own, I would throw the raid squirter out. I wouldn't want my kids or pets to haf2 breathe that stuff. !drool: :an!gry :evil: