How annoying is this plant?!!

JazzyJeff

This is my Rose sword and wot a pain in my rear! Not only has it taken over just about my whole tank ( :dunno: I know... perhaps if I had researched it before I got it I would have known better!) but it keeps sending up these annoying storks that grow well above the tank. These have always had buds on them and I have waited for them to flower which hasn't happened before cos I am too impatient and I cut the top off it and put the lid back on. It doesn't help that my helpful electrician partner moans that leaving the lid off lets heat escape and costs more to run.

So I finally get fed up and decide to give this away, I had even arranged to pull it outta the tank last night to give to them and what happens? The dam thing decides to flower! :facepalm:

And what a beautiful flower it is!

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

Stoopid plant - It's gotta go (but I am glad I finally got to see it flower!)

Great shots and beautiful flowers.

I have an ozelot sword that is doing the same thing without flowers, it is about 30cm above the tank now with 3 groups of buds.

The buds on mine took about a month for the flower to come out - then it only lasted a day before they wiltered!