Miracle Mud

reef

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photos of my tank over the past 3 years.

I still have most of my fish and coral, however the tank has slowly changed to a hard coral tank. mainly due to the availablity of hard coral during the last 2 years.

Tank has improved every year , so will be interesting what MM will do for it.

feb 2002 two months in operation

3343alois-right2002.jpg

3343alois-feb-2002.jpg

may 2003

717alois-28may2003.jpg

717alois27may2003.jpg

717alois27may2003right.jpg

jan 2004

large-comp.jpg

tankajw.jpg

tankpicaw.jpg

jan 2005

3695full-1000x260.jpg

3343alois-jan-2005-mid.jpg

3343alois-jan-2005.jpg

From the Experts

"Over the years numerous individuals have come to be known for the development of various reef technologies. It may be time to add another name of an individual that has developed a breakthrough methodology: Leng Sy and the Ecosystem method."

-Mike Paletta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This filtration System has shattered a couple of myths. I feel confident in stating that the Ecosystem Filtration System can support a thriving Reef Building Stony Coral Aquarium."

-Steve Tyree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In several years of investigating Head and Lateral Line Erosion, I have never seen such rapid improvement and resolution of lesions as I have seen in the Ecosystem Aquarium."

-Robert Hildreth, D.V.M.

compare MM with other top tanks of the world,

http://www.ecosystemaquarium.com/html/greatReefTanks/greatReefTanks_pg6.html

Day two

test results as at 7/1/2005 for the reef tank.

Nitrate 2ppm

PO4 .17ppm.

Tank to be tested again in a week to see how the mud systems effects the nitrate and po4.

It will take about 2-3 months for the algae to grow so that it can remove PO4

3 types placed in the sump.

photo below of the algae.

does anyone have a idea what type the second one is.?????

This stuff grows fast already. i can see it rooting to the sand bed.

caulepra1.jpg

caulepra.jpg

caulepra2.jpg

Thats very nice that it sparkles, Just want to see the before and after photos, to see how they have grown with zeovit.

if you look through the posts you will see him.

The regal is very shy so he will stay behind the rocks, i will post another photo when i can get a good shot.

Here is a link of a successful MM tank.

Yep, high fish load with no skimmer.

The english is not the best with the translation, but you will get the idea.

ma_re_04_ansichtli1.jpg

I would love to keep those anthias.

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.korallenriff.de/markus_resch04.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.miraclemud.de/mainindex.html%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Just before you all have a skimmer burning party, the makers of Miracle Mud now recommend, and in fact sell, their own skimmer, to go with the system.

It was earlier days they recommended no skimmer, the system has been refined.

However, there are still many "old school" type Miracle Mud users who have no skimmer and still have nice tanks.

What about the disproportionate (sp?)

Can’t say that is very logical at all. If that was the case then

The number of tanks using zeovit and the number of breathtaking tanks not using it.. So by that logic, you shouldn’t use zeovit.

I think it is more common sense that MM is another option, just like zeovit? All systems have their pluses and minuses.

MM is very attractive to me as it is a very natural way to filter a tank, so you don’t have to add chemicals etc to reduce po4 and nitrate, plus you have a lot more life in the tank. One of the most important parts in a successful tank is the biological filtration.

Like all systems it is only as good as the experience of the hobbyist. Just because you have a big skimmer, does not guarantee that you will have a successful tank, it comes down to many factors , with experience playing a big part.

I still believe skimming is very important, and i would have been the first in NZ to overskim and recommend big skimmers, but feel that MM is an option as it has other benefits over skimming; however Skimming also has benefits over MM.

Maybe both work well together, I will find out over the next 6 months.