Ammonia

Bishop

@ Sam: Yep tried there, they only have cloudy ammonia (home brand ) which doesn't have its ingredients but it bubbles up a lot when you shake it and I heard that means it has the cleaning chemicals in it which I understand are bad?

I have tried a few bulk places, Mitre 10 Mega, bunnings ect but to no avail, just wondered if any of the locals had a secret supply store.

@Ryan: My tank is 200L

Yeah a 200L tank should be fine to build up fish stocks slowly in, there is so much water any waste will be diluted and take ages to reach a dangerous level.

Agreed with Caryl, filter media is what you are after the water isn't much good to you and is a pain to transport. I regularly setup new tanks with 100% new water an established filter and a full stocking level with no issues.

If you tell him his hair is messy he might spend a few hours looking in the mirror and you can take whatever you want..

Agreed with Caryl, filter media is what you are after the water isn't much good to you and is a pain to transport. I regularly setup new tanks with 100% new water an established filter and a full stocking level with no issues.

I've done that a fair few times. No issues. Whenever I get a filter with media I always add some seeded media from an established filter to help the process. I also run sponge filters on established tanks to get them seeding before I use them in other tanks

haha man I am glad somebody explained that, I could just imagine the look on his face when I turned up expecting masses of water. :roll:

I think I will pass on the tim tams but I do have a cheese burger wrapper that still has some sauce and a bit of cheese on it?

On another note, I would put some fish in it but I have no idea what I want to put in it. Can we get piranhas in NZ???

I can just put some goldies in it and then change it to tropical after ? All my time has gone into building the damn thing and the cabinet I haven't had a chance to think about what to put in it.

Was kind of hoping to do the fishless cycle ( hence ammonia ) while I decide.

Although I am sure by the time I want to put fish in it it will be too small.

@josh: good advice, although my 50L is in a never ending cycle so I don't think that would help in my case.

Bishop the TimTam's are for Phoenix.... he especially likes the PINK ones, while he's indulging in the biscuits you'll have time to grab whatever you need from his filters. Lol. How's your bubba discus Phoenix (I know you'll be reading this, laughing!!) :D

No pink timtams! Only the original ones with more timtams in each packet than the others!

Also, my hair is NEVER messy! :lol:

I only have eheim proII media, so if you want some of that, you'll need to bring the same amount of pro II to replace what I give you.

You'll also need fish in your tank because their excrement will feed the bacteria.

Hence my offer of sludge! :D :lol: I can gravel vac a bit of the tank for you and that will bring up gunk from Timbuktu!

If it's a 50L tank you'll hardly need anything. Alternatively I can wash a little media in a 10L bucket for you and then that water will be filled with bacteria. Your tank will need media to hold the bacteria.

Saturday is when I do WCs. You can watch if you like :lol: :lol: :o (You'll have to ignore me yelling at the plants that do not grow as they are told).

I only have eheim proII media, so if you want some of that, you'll need to bring the same amount of pro II to replace what I give you.

Err, no idea what that is or how much, will the folks at wet pets know what I am asking for?

If it's a 50L tank you'll hardly need anything. Alternatively I can wash a little media in a 10L bucket for you and then that water will be filled with bacteria. Your tank will need media to hold the bacteria.

Saturday is when I do WCs. You can watch if you like :lol: :lol: :o (You'll have to ignore me yelling at the plants that do not grow as they are told).

It is a 200L, just sitting in my garage doing a fishless cycle with little ammonia in it :)

I will give you a PM and discuss tomorrow or something.

may bring tim tams and nick of with some plants. :wink:

I don't think wetpets stocks that eheim media. It costs $100 for a bag full. Pretty pricy but there is nothing like it.

I dont have any plants available at the moment, but can take orders for ech. red rose x ozelot for interested parties. takes about 2 months to grow, so I can do it, but I need someone who will definitely buy one, or i won't grow it.

• 2 weeks later...