My young breeding males (I hope!)

Adrienne

This coming year I hope you will see fighters of a quality never seen before in NZ come out of my fishroom :wink: There may not be as many but it will be worth it imo.

I've just purchased another big (deep and wide) 4ft tank and stand giving me 5 x 4fts in the shed plus my others bringing my total of tanks to 19 if all are up :lol:

Given that it may well be my last year of seriously breeding fighters I'm going to give it my all :D

That'd be a fine way to go out. Hopefully if you sell any tanks and fish, they go to someone just as passionate that can keep the amazing fighters you have bred going.

me - no!

Phoenix, I don't know about but he was talking about getting back into fighters.

I've worked really hard over the past few years to develop various colour lines and tail types only to lose them I'm finding it seriously hard to source from others good fish of the tail type and colour I need to keep bringing new blood into the lines I do have.

This year I am going to concentrate on the quality and not so much the quantity.

Its great to see such passion in breeding fighters Adrienne, we need to keep the purity as high as we can in NZ. You doing a great job. My Halfmoon breeding is still doing great, Ive slowly getting to where I need to be with my gene pool, just wish we had more variety. Cheers J

Hi John

I know what you mean about variety. I've made it where I've wanted to be a couple of times in the last few years after many many months of work to then not be able to source unrelated fish which has meant I have had to pretty much start over.

Breeding fighters is not like breeding guppies or some other species, it takes a lot more time and patience, and in the most cases space.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try get some pics of some of my females this weekend. The two spawns hatched however heater problems as in temp dropped to 23 then rose to 32 have resulted in a reduced sized survival rate however I have another spawn from one of the males (the latest spawn I had a different male ate the eggs :evil: ), which has hatched and at this stage looks to be a good number. The females are either green, blue or greeny blue with red and a couple of pink/purple girls as well which will match my other males.

Heaters are the bane of my life too...
I wont need them soon! :happy2: :nilly:

Didn't say I was giving it up :D , however we are likely to be moving in the next twelve months and then I will have to pay for power and water. I'm thinking that will seriously curb the number of tanks I can have :roll:
FISH ROOM FISH ROOM FISH ROOM FISH ROOM!

You can set up a jar/bottle system? In a heated room you could even do straight bottles?