Reef Tank-Auckland

reef

yes, that is on the cards. hopefully this year once we organise the construction of the new house.

I was thinking solar heating, natural sun light. maybe 3000-4000L.

Just got the new 7095 controller. It looks nice, but for the price and features the 7094 is all you need.

I think the wave box is due out in about a month, waiting for your tank AW.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Cost on the wavebox? Approx? Are you going to use them in your own tank?

aprx $900. price is less it you add extra as you dont need more controllers,

Tried 1 wave box, but too small for my tank. i would need about 2-3 to make it work well.

i cant fit 3 wave boxes in my tank so will stick with 4 streams.

So thats $900.00 approx with the controller? Is it the same controller as the Stream?

I suspect my rockwork would make it no use either. I have seen a few videos and pics and most of the tanks have had the island/bommie setup, not large rock/reef structures.

Does look cool though. Most of the reviews i've seen have had very positive things to say OTHER than the extreme price.

Cool.

Pie

looking at the video these things prodce a lot of movement.....

Knowing the forces involved when water sloshes around, what sort of stresses is this thing loading up your tank with?

I think they are a cool device, but if the wave box finds your tanks resonance point.. what happens then?

not been critical reef, just as an engineer the video reminds me of that famous bridge scene in the us....

Peter

I think they are a cool device, but if the wave box finds your tanks resonance point.. what happens then?

not been critical reef, just as an engineer the video reminds me of that famous bridge scene in the us....

Peter

That's what I though too. Maybe it has a anti resonance detector :D . I'm sure if it hit resonance, it would be far less impressive than the Tacoma Bridge video.

Here is a video of it:

http://www.civeng.carleton.ca/Exhibits/ ... Bridge.mpg

You actually tune the box to find your tank resonance!

Thats the basic principal it was designed off.

There being quite a bit off talk off tank strength on reef central, the general concensus is that its not a big concern, all of course theoritcal, only time will tell.........anybody hear something creaking....... :o

Finding your stand resonance is another kettle of fish........... :roll: (insert the cheap jokes)

As for boosting the wave box abilty, people are simply placing another Tunze stream next door and `tee'ing off the wave box to sychronise the pulsing, works quite well apparantly.

PS

Pies, am I being ignored Re my PM's?