sand that is pitch black, not grey....

henward

But it's a plant fertiliser, so its made out of clay, isn't it? Won't that cloud the water?

I know it's a plant substrate but don't know exactly what it is. It isn't clay though. Seachem recommends to use it on it's own and its supposed to be stable, so there should be no leeching of nutrients into the water column. I've read from a lot of forums that is is really really good, just also very expensive. It will cloud the water at the start, but it should clear in a few days.

mero forward thinking, seachem sands are great, but fkor plantedt anks, eventually yes but... realistically, i dont see myself filling a massive tank with seachem substrate lol too expensive.

iron sand may pose a probloem with filters if they get sucked up too.

another issue i may have.

mmm

touch position.

i see that some ashtrays in malls, have this black sand in them.

wonder what that is

iron sand may pose a probloem with filters if they get sucked up too.

another issue i may have.

I doubt that the iron sand will get into the filters, it hasn't here, as it is very heavy.

I have a 10L bucket that is 2/3 (at the most) full of dry iron sand and I cant pick it up by the handle as the last time I did that it did break'd it.