Gutted

Nat

:cry: came home after work today, went to feed and fill up my leopard geckos water to realize someone has stolen them both! I'm bout ready to cry. If anyone sees or hears of two available in the lower south island could you please contact me.

That is terrible Nat. So sorry to hear. I do hope you manage to get them back some how. Call the police. If the enclosure was glass, you might be lucky to have forensics pick up a print or two.

For everyone else I hope this in some way reinforces what some of us have been saying for a long time.

I was silly enough to put a picture of them on Facebook when I first got them 3 months ago. Neighbours knew that I had lizards but only 4 had seen the geckos, maybe people noticed the enclosure we are building outside and came round being nosy? Or just an opportunist who has seen them for $1200 for two recently on trademe. Just don't know kinda bad that I now have to question or doubt people I thought were friends.

Just don't know kinda bad that I now have to question or doubt people I thought were friends.

that is the sad part :(

if only a few have viewed them in person it narrows down your field

they obviously were after the geckos if nothing else was taken

any recent enquiries on them?

Yeah only geckos were taken, police are coming to check it all out. I didn't check any other property was just gutted about them will do a proper check when I get home.

They had to know there worth or really wanted just them to leave the tv's, stereos etc behind. Prob to chicken to touch the beardies they aren't exactly social lately.

I'm hoping to but came to the conclusion that is a animal so not an easily traced item and easy to hide, they can fingerprint that's about it. I'm in Kingston so it's only a small little town if it's a local someone will no or see them hopefully.

if you have slide door then I would start looking in the room ..

I learned very quick on how easy then can get out between the glass plates

And had to but some tape up the gap ...

I got my first young one awhile ago and the both got out ...

Found one the same day and put back in but did not find the second one for 4 day

Still alive but did not make it ..

These two are not babies prob a good 18-20cm, things had been moved in their enclosure but door was closed. Also container that was sitting on top was on the ground, to get into their enclosure you have to take the whole top glass piece out.