November 27, 201015 yr comment_407510 Hi I just notice one of the neons has lost its color not as bright as it was and other one still got that cotton wool thing on the side of it's mouth now I did water change today and now I just put melafix in now . You guys reckon I should put tonic salt in the tank and every water change add more tonic salt once a week. Report
November 27, 201015 yr comment_407521 having only 2 tetra wont help them colour up. Also, they lose pretty much all their colour when its dark. What time were you looking at them? Was it hiding somewhere. Loss of colour on its own isn't really a problem. If its behavior has changed as well, then its time to think about what to do. HTH Report
November 27, 201015 yr Author comment_407527 Hi Dennis I have 13 neons in one tank and the light was on . Report
November 27, 201015 yr comment_407529 :oops: whoops. Assumed when you said "other one" that you only had 2. :lol: Don't think loss of colour is too much of an issue, unless there is no colour at all. Report
November 27, 201015 yr Author comment_407532 Ok Dennis now about the cotton thing on it's mouth should I put tonic salt in the tank as the melafix not doing anything. Report
November 27, 201015 yr comment_407534 Honestly, no clue. I'm about as clueless as you when it comes to diseases. :lol: Salt wouldn't hurt, but IDK. Wait for someone more experienced. Report
November 27, 201015 yr Author comment_407535 Yer Dennis these cotton wool is common on the neons and told It doesn't kill them . Report
November 27, 201015 yr comment_407537 Your tetra has Columnaris/cotton mouth disease, treat it with Furan2 which can easily be obtained in most petshops. Its not a very nice disease, eventually it will affect the gills of the fish, rendering it unable to breath and die as a result... so treat asap if you want it to get better. feeding smaller bits of food may help it eat better btw Report
November 27, 201015 yr Author comment_407543 Thanks dreams I will get it today but he has it for a while though so you think it might be to late. Report
November 27, 201015 yr comment_407549 Can't be sure aye, up to you if you want to try...otherwise becareful of it spreading to other neons Report
November 28, 201015 yr comment_407614 +1 I treated a single guppy for it in a hospital tank without noticing that the rest of the guppies had it too but they weren't showing signs until the other one was removed. I then had 2 tanks running with meds in them at different dosages. The bad one didn't make it but the others came through with nothing but a few little scars here and there. Report
November 28, 201015 yr Author comment_407633 Hi guys I went to hwff this morning and got the bottle of tonic and medicated the tank and hope that will cure the neons . With the tonic you only put in once and then on the 3rd day do a 25 % water change then add more tonic and on the 7th day do another 25 % water change well lets hop it cures the neons . Report
November 29, 201015 yr Author comment_407786 Hi guys well I have just had one guppie die in that tank funny not a neon. Report
December 1, 201015 yr Author comment_408162 Hi everyone started to loose the neons now and my only two male guppies . just wonder I have 11 glow light tetras which a still going but a bit stressed does anyone live near mt roskill that has a spear tank that can look after my glow lights why I re cycle the tank. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.