help with tank and clouding please

ghostknife

about three weeks ago i set up a new tank its 76cmsx40x50 placed aquic mix first then fine black gravel i had a hang on filter going till yesterday but the flow was too high even turning it down the plants in there r all turning brown but the tank was clear as yesterday i replaced the filter with an internal one that has a piece i can add hosing to so placed diy co2 onto it ive come home tonite to find the tank all cloudey and the plants r all mushey the filter was working fine in the other tank and that was clear as is the co2 and will it be ok please

hi sorry about that so far what u listed is right its got

aquatic mix then

gravel

internal filter with co2 added

plants are a bit of xmas moss

dwarf sag

and two types of stem plants sorry not too sure of name

and glosso

3x small rocks

and three small rams

with a good two foot light on top

if it's the too much yeast issue it's fine for the fish. I've done it a few times before I realised what I was doing and if you disconnect the co2 line the filter should clear the water up by the morning.

Are you leaving enough air at the top of the coke bottle for the co2 to form and the mixture to expand without having to go up the tube? half a teaspoon to 2 cups should be fine. try making sure there is an air gap at the top of the bottle (only fill to where it starts to taper in / top of the label) and stick with the half teaspoon for now.

hi the obstacle again thanks for your reply i just moved the hose on the inside of the bottle up but the bottles not fulled over the part where it comes in at the neck if i disconect the co2 till tomorrow will it be ok to reconect again to morrow nite

yeah, if it's still making co2 it'll be fine. worst case you have to start another batch - I did a few times before I realised what was making my tank cloudy.

Put the hose as close to the top of the bottle as possible without it falling out / leaking.

Do you have the airline from the CO2 bottle running straight into the tank? If so, it is most likely residue from the bottle. I have found it somehow manages to get into the tank periodicly so I always have a second, smaller bottle with water in it that acts as a bubble counter and to collect any residue.