Progress

blueyes

So, over the weekend I bid farewell to my Goldies as they moved out of home into their shared accomodation in a nice big pond at a friends house, they seemed pretty happy apart from the fact that the fish that were already in their had their noses up my guys butts chasing them around the pond..... but hey, they might lose some weight with the excercise lol..... I didn't realise quite how big they were until I saw them with the other fish in there...

The 2 small blackmoors have moved into a nice new 50 litre tank in my bedroom, they are too small and inactive to join the others in the pond... incidentally I also discovered some wee snails that moved into the new tank also, which could only have come from the oxygen weed I brought on Saturday as that is all that I have added thats new......so note to self, don't buy oxygen weed from that store again. This means I will have a tank up for sale once I get it fully emptied and cleaned up.

Tonight I pick up the new 4ft tank from Greg and so now I can start set up on the 2 lareger tanks..... once I've figured out how to rearrange my lounge to fit everything..... I'm starting to feel like the crazy old fish lady, instead of the crazy old cat lady!!!!!

This week I have lights arriving and more plants..... more crypts mainly..... as they seem to have become a bit of a feature for the Asian tank somehow......... next question is where do I start haha!!!!!!

Still to get is the filter and heater for the bigger of the two tanks more rocks and driftwood and more sand, oh and more base fertiliser......does anyone know of a good one to use that is a bit cheaper than the Aquabasis at all, is the one that I have seen on trade me any good?

Anyways, just thought I'd share for those that may be interested!!!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

palmers near waikumete cemetry has the aquatic mix (ring first to double check though)

Awesome, thanks for that diver, I can easily arrange for someone from work to go pick some up for me too....... does anyone know off the top off their head what size bags it comes in and how many I would need for the 4ft tank?

Thanks, I was thinking between 2-2.5cm, and then on top of that probably the builders sand that I have in my tank now. I looked at the Daltons Propagating sand, but it says this is a sharp sand so won't be any good for the loaches and corys I believe.....

Hi blue eyes kings plant barn sell the aquatic mix 15 litres for $10 that's at my st lukes branch they have a branch in takanini is well .

Kings Plant Barn Takanini (Formally The Wholesale Tree Company)

163 Airfield Road, Takanini

PH: 09 298 87 36 Fax: 09 298 9237

Kings Plant Barn St Lukes

118 Asquith Ave, St Lukes

PH: 09 846 2141 Fax: 09 846 2172

:D

No worries at all just send some photos when It's done love to see It. :D

Will do.....well might do, I'm sure they won't look as good as most on here, but I can certainly say I've put in plenty of effort and not rushed it.... one other question actually about heating, would a 300w heater be the right size for the bigger tank?

The big tank is about 240 litres...... it's so big and shiny lol..... my first new tank ever....well not counting the one I bought for my little blackmoors, i thought maybe a 300w heater might be okay, but want to make sure before I get one.....

pics!

Lol, not much to see yet.... it's just a big, bright, shiney empty tank...... but soon, it will be haven to crypts and clown loaches lol....... well, I don't' know how much of a haven for the crypts, I've noticed a couple of wee nibbles in the crypt that Zev sent me, so I will have to watch the little rotters, make sure they don't do any real damage......