reef tank up sized

skuzza

Just gone one year with the new tank 1600L.Had alot of small set backs like the cost$$$$$$$.It still is not right but i have spent so much money in a short space of time that is just going to have to wait.I did not think the cost increase would be so huge.I would not give it up for a small one again.Any way here are some pics.

Trademe coral from jetskisteve.

skuzzanov20047uj.jpg

skuzzanov2004161am.jpg

dsc007724ba.jpg

skuzzanov200423dt.jpg

dsc007616qk.jpg

Skuzza! Looks really good. I know what you mean about additional cost, same with me, although my tank isn't quite as large as yours.

What are the dimentions? Sump size, skimmer etc? I would love to see some pics of the sump etc. Also what lighting? Get someone to stand in front of the tank to give it some scale, hard to belive its 1600 litres!

How long have you had the goniopora (2nd photo bottom left). Awesome coral but often short lived. Looks like its doing great.

Nice work, more photos :)

Pie

At the moment i am running to 150w mh ,2x actanic tube and natural sunlight during the day.It is keeping it going till my light arrives in feb.I ordered it in october.IT is a 3x 250w mh arcadia light.The reef set up is shaped in a curve with each end coming close to the front glass and the middle sinking away to the back.I am going to put the 2 150w mh in the front corners and run arcadia light along the center.Because of the width it shades towards the front.SORRY THE SIZE of tank is 2100mm L 1050mm W 700mm H.The actual water level is only 640mm H.The sump is 1100mm L 500mm W 500mm H and it runs 2/3rds full.Sorry no name on skimmer all it has is made in germany.This is my next big buy as it is not strong enough anymore.It is about 600mm H .More shots soon.

This is a shot of the back,a bit messy but it still gets modified alot.

skuzzanov2004133su.jpg