New Tank

livebearer_breeder

Well as some of you will know i have been planning a 1600x300x300 tank with partitions every 200mm, for killies. Unfortunatly i could not find any1 who could make a heat pad for me under $350, so for the short term i have used heaterstats. I spent all yesterday setting it up, and it know has, my lonley female scheeli, epiplatys degati "(breeding like mad already!!) the baby lineatus, some baby scheeli & nothobranchius korthause and some baby angels.

2 days ago i was at wet pets, and purchased five convicts at $4ea!! i was rapped, i think they are really cool, and are my first personatly fish, so i have already growing quite attached to them :D

I also purchased five huge kirbensis (also $4ea!!) that i intended to breed and make a bit of money off, as i want some cichlids. Unfortunaly they all died the day after i brought them home :( . (what can ya do!)

And i bought 2 pumps 1x 8000 cosmo ($8!!) and a 12000 cosmo ($19!!) along with air tubing, 4 box filters, a nutra-something? feeder and belive it or not some earthworm flakes, my fish love it! I cant remember what else i bought? all i know is i spent close 2 $300 :D

Pictures are to come, thought i would just keep everyone updated on the progress.

I am looking for any killies and cichlids, also any1 who can make heating pads.

Cheers

Shae 250

Nice pictures Livebearer_breeder

Would it have not been easier to biuld an overflow tank, and just use a external canister filter with the input at the bottom and the out put at the top. All you would need then would be maybe one or two heaterstats in the bottom level.

Nice pics Shae. I must say I have never seen earthworm flakes before!

I found some today in Hollywood Mt Roskill, made by Nutrafin, $6.25 for 25g, it was the last one so I grabbed it! I'd never seen them before either, but then I hadn't been looking.