Cheap insulation

Joshlikesfish

In the past I've got poly from expol in penrose/onehunga. Im not to sure how their prices stack up, i was just getting it for under tanks and backgrounds etc. Its alot cheaper to go straight to the manufacturer than to a building supplies shop.

I got a pallet load of fireproof stuff free from a polystyrene place in Palmy just ring around and see what they have lying around.. They had been given the stuff I got to recycle but because it was fireproof they couldn't melt it down and reuse it so it would just cost them to dump. That is another consideration with normal poly it is pretty flammable so might not be a good thing to enclose a whole heap of water and electrical stuff..

i lined my entire garage with a mixture of 50mm to 25mm from expol. cost 400

the heating costs will be recovered after 6 to 8 months, after next winter, the cost would have been justified already.

In my garage, there is a back section uninsulated.

The different in temp during winter was minimum 10Degrees C, to 15 Degrees C int h coldest part of winter!

My tanks struggled to get up to 28C, now it dosent hav an issue at all.

In the heart of winter, my ambient temp was 22 to 24. At the uninsulated portion was 10 to 15 less than that!!! Could not believe it.

it will be one of the best investments youc an make i reckon.

should have done it sooner