Timber Stand for 2.0m tank

smidey

i have finished making the stand that will hold my 2000x450x450 tank, the tank is 400L nett.

the frame that the tank will sit on is made with particle board on 70x45 framing, the legs & diagonal bracing are 70x35 & the lower horizontal parts are 70x45. I have used these sized parts as that is what i had lying around, if i had to purchase all of the timber i would have made the legs 70x45. I have liquid nailed & screwed all timber joins, the legs have been screwed to the upper frame with 10G 100mm screws & the bracing to legs have been screwed with 10G x 75mm screws.

I will clad the stand with plywood panels & doors & make a ply hood but at this stage it is to get my trophs into their new larger home so that is the priority. I will also add a panel on top of the lower bracing to create a shelf. If i had to buy the all of the timber, screws & glue i would estimate it would cost approximately $110 all up.

P1010804.jpg

P1010806.jpg

this pic was taken before i added the front to back bracing

P1010807.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

so here it is, terrible pic due to reflections etc but the best i can do without a tank light. i will most likely move/add rocks as it appeals to me & the plant will be replaced with some val when i get some. i will be making a hood & adding panels & doors to stand in the future. I now understand how hard it is to get good pics of a tank this long, i reflects everything & there are doors & a ranch slider in this room which i had to avoid.

IMG_4175.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...