My partner and I need to move...

pufferfishnz

We have been given until the 2nd of november to move out of our current flat and we are having trouble finding a new place to live.

we have been going through the newspaper here in Nelson everyday and the buy sell swap each week to no avail.

We have also just recently discovered that I am pregnant so we need a place that isnt full of mould (yes there was one of those!) too cold, no storage or no pets (we have a bengal cat)

Does anyone know of a place where we can live or atleast know someone who is moving out and they need someone to move in etc. We are not being picky, but each place has something thats not right, no heating, or mould or not bath or no pets...

we need atleast 2 bedrooms

perferably a bath as well as a shower

some sort of heating wood burner or heatpump etc

a small garden or lawn

safe place for a cat thats not so clued up with cars sometimes so not on a main road

somewhere where we can have 2 cars

possibly a garage (can apparently live without!)

please we do really need some help so any options will be considered!

Have you tried any property managers? It costs a bit more to get into a managed property (usually one week's rent) but I find they really look after you. My current landlord is useless at fixing stuff, so it is good having the manager is there as an intermediary ;)

Good luck. Having to move sucks, but I have always found it leads to something better :)

safe place for a cat thats not so clued up with cars sometimes so not on a main road

I have found that busy main roads are good if you scare the cat with the cars. In a quiet street more cats get hit as they are used to walking all over the road and not worrying about cars as they are not always driving by. I live on a main road and when I moved in here I took my cat out front in my arms and stood on the footpath as busy 5pm traffic drove past. She got scared of all the noise and has never ever been seen going past the foot path as she is now scared of the cars.

Have you tried any property managers? It costs a bit more to get into a managed property (usually one week's rent) but I find they really look after you. My current landlord is useless at fixing stuff, so it is good having the manager is there as an intermediary ;)

Good luck. Having to move sucks, but I have always found it leads to something better :)

Stella

It is the property managers job to organise repairs normally

With my properties, I have a manager that organises everything and I pay them another 7% of the weekly rent to do it.

They rent the property and check out the tenant. organise inspections, organise repairs, pay the bills and if there is anything left, send me payment to help pay the mortage.