Nice find in a Nelson fish store

FishBen

LOL. I saw those in Pets 'n' All today.

I had a bit of a laugh then moved on to the next tank that was labeled as "Small Spotted Loach" only to find a Hillstream loach of some description.

At least they labeled to Banjo catfish correctly :wink:

Haha yeah I saw that one too gave the guy a -.^ look

You shoulda told us you were coming into town, coulda shown you our tanks :lol:

Banjos are awesome. I would take you a piccy of mine, but he's as-per-usual buried with only the tip of his tail and his snout showing. :roll: He/she comes out from time to time though. We've had ours for about 2 years now I think – was about 5–6 cm long when we bought it and now it's about 15 cm long, which I think is about their max size (although who knows if that's true for every banjo - there's so many different kinds!). Buggered if I know what it eats (never really moves out for food unless it's a shrimp pellet dropped in front of its snout), but when it does come up for air, it's about 1.5-2 cm thick – kid you not – a real fatso! Every now and again I'll look in the tank and s/he'll be perched atop the java fern – have no idea why, lol! Enjoy yours! :)

I'll keep an eye on him :D

Banjos are awesome. I would take you a piccy of mine, but he's as-per-usual buried with only the tip of his tail and his snout showing. :roll: He/she comes out from time to time though. We've had ours for about 2 years now I think – was about 5–6 cm long when we bought it and now it's about 15 cm long, which I think is about their max size (although who knows if that's true for every banjo - there's so many different kinds!). Buggered if I know what it eats (never really moves out for food unless it's a shrimp pellet dropped in front of its snout), but when it does come up for air, it's about 1.5-2 cm thick – kid you not – a real fatso! Every now and again I'll look in the tank and s/he'll be perched atop the java fern – have no idea why, lol! Enjoy yours! :)

Awesome :lol:

I found Nelson stores to be very expensive for fish and not much selection when I was living there. I just bought 4 clown loach today for $20. Pakastani loach were $5.95 ea or four for $20. :P But that is in Brisbane. Fish are so much cheaper over here and way more selection.

I found Nelson stores to be very expensive for fish and not much selection when I was living there. I just bought 4 clown loach today for $20. Pakastani loach were $5.95 ea or four for $20. :P But that is in Brisbane. Fish are so much cheaper over here and way more selection.

Tell me about it X.X clown loaches are like $33 each here...