blue ram not so good.

Allister_B

Yeah that is what mine all did and I have tried alot of different ones, from different import lots, nz bred etc, tried treating for parasites before they got sick and after, tried antibiotics tried salt, tried daily water changes, tried no water changes, tried hard water, tried softwater and still had the same issues.. Would love to know what people thing it is :)

Fast breathing and hiding under things usually isn't oxygen related, they will usually be gasping at the surface if it is oxygen related and both or all fish would be affected.

Another thing which can cause gasping on the bottom of the tank is ammonia type poisoning how are the water conditions?

these are just 2 amazing looking german blues they are definitely a pair, both looked really healthy when i brought them, i had them in my community 3 ft for awhile then thought i might try breed them so i put them in a smaller 1ft tank, water has always been clean, up to temp etc etc so i cant see why she would be doing this, i did notice the male was chasing her around a bit and she lay on top of the sponge filter i had in there, i have now put them in a larger tank still by themselves so ill see what happens over the next few days. it would be a shame to see her go..

No.. there is nothing wrong with the electrics, or the most recent batch of german blues.

I even have babies that someone bred from and they are fine.

Also have the blue veil tails and apart from a certain incident of a disease i will not mention :lol: there were no problems there either.

Our water in Bulls is more or less instant death for Rams, literally they will die in a week here, so to keep them alive I use carbon and then peat filtered rain water now (or I would if I could get some). They are really hard work and I would say they are as hard or harder than apisto's to keep alive.

I have seen what you are describing too and I hope you have better luck than I did.