Crypt advice please.

DennisP

I would like to know which crypts would be good to fill space.

As I do not know the first thing about crypts I need advice.

Requires:

-Low light

-No more than 10-15cm in diameter (pruned if necessary, but it should still look good like that)

-Look good with java fern, anubias and general low tech plants

-Be interesting but not overwhelming.

Hope someone can help, even if you just list the crypts available here. :lol:

:hail:

Who here supplies them? :lol:

Who here is good at balancing problems.

Don't want symmetrical on both sides, don't want them off balance either, but I would want some of each on both sides. Would prefer to plant in odd numbers, 3 would be ideal I guess... How many of each should I get?

I could have given you loads of wendtii red and affinis, but they melted after the water/power issues during the quake. :cry:

I agree about the wendtii, it is readily available so you can likely get a decent sized amount. Affinis and blassii are a couple of my personal faves, but you might find it hard to source blassii.

Gotta be in the know around these parts. 8)

Dennis, I know you aren't too keen on Animates, but I was browsing Tower Junction today and saw some very nice crypts. Hard to tell what they are but they look similar to blassii so I snapped up a couple. Might pay to go get a few of those while they are around. :D

Gotta be in the know around these parts. 8)

Dennis, I know you aren't too keen on Animates, but I was browsing Tower Junction today and saw some very nice crypts. Hard to tell what they are but they look similar to blassii so I snapped up a couple. Might pay to go get a few of those while they are around. :D

Blassi is one of the easiest to ID in my opinion. It has distinct characteristics.

Grey-tan upper leaf, red-maroon under leaf.

Wide shovel shaped leaves that are leathery in appearance

Email me some pics if you want Jen and Ill have a look.