Fish are healthy but how can i manage this tank growth?

TommySharp

Tank is almost 3 months "settled" now and just wondering what this rust coloured growth could be? would be okay if it was just on the glass cause i could clean that but it's on the plants and now the lovely rocks too.....

Any sort of fish/creature that would control it and also survive the Brichardis and their high ph water?

Will post photo once i work out how.....

http://db.tt/yHzi51a

• 2 months later...

Well I had the master plan to try the "algae fix" product to see if it got rid of the problem..... Put in the exact amount as per the instructions.....

Alas all but one of my Brichardis kicked the bucket..... Still lots of algae though....

Would the golden algae eat survive in high PH water and just wondering if Brichardis would give them a hard time?

brown 'algae' are the silica (mineral) shells of tiny microorganisms call diatoms. While some algae-eaters do eat it, there is minimal food value in it.

Algae-rid only kills green algae, and there are ways of doing that without adding chemicals.

Both fix the symptoms, not the problem. With brown algae, the problem is usually that the tank is still maturing and will go with time. This is normal for new tanks.