Neon tetra with big belly not feeding

Omaria

Instead of dropsy is sound more like a neon tetra disease to me or tuberculosis (which is very hard to get rid off). Of all of these, the number one reason is overstocking (only assumption). If you got neon tetra disease check to see any white patches especially around the abdomen. Any discoloration?

Instead of dropsy is sound more like a neon tetra disease to me or tuberculosis (which is very hard to get rid off). Of all of these, the number one reason is overstocking (only assumption). If you got neon tetra disease check to see any white patches especially around the abdomen. Any discoloration?

It would more than likely be looking like a pine cone if it had dropsy, which it may. Omaria hasn't said yet. If it was fish TB it would probably be thin, not fat.

The signs of neon tetra disease are colour fading and as stated TB makes them skinny rather than fat. A picture would help but it could be a female full of eggs, and a picture would help to identify the sex as a male will not be full of eggs of course. The blue line dips on a female and they are fatter than the males.Usually the eggs become calcified and they can become eggbound if the water is too hard. If it is dropsy it is swollen because of water retention caused by kidney failure from a number of possible causes. The most humane thing is to kill it in my opinion as dropsy is virtually uncurable by the time it gets to that stage.