August 23, 201016 yr comment_389224 Does anyone know if we still have any specialised puzzle shops left in NZ that sell puzzle glue? It is a special glue you put onto jigsaws to hold them together and form a protective shield. It causes the pieces to swell slightly and bond tightly together then leaves a lovely smooth protective sheen on top of the puzzle and it doesn't discolour with age. You used to be able to buy the Heye brand of puzzles in these shops (and Whitcoulls) many years ago but in these days of cheap nationwide chains all the small specialty shops seem to have disappeared. Nobody I have asked in local shops has any idea of what I am talking about :roll: I have Googled - unsuccessfully but dids find a place to buy Heye puzzles in the UK :bounce: There is one for sale on Trademe but they are asking more for it there than it would cost to get a new one in from the UK (inc postage and allowing for the exchange rate) :roll: Report
August 23, 201016 yr comment_389235 I have seen it recently. I will see if I can remember where. Not sure if it would be the same brand though. Report
August 23, 201016 yr Author comment_389251 I have no idea what the brand is (it is not Heye glue) but if you remember where you saw it, then inform me, I would appreciate it muchly. Report
August 23, 201016 yr comment_389255 http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Sports-Ca ... B000068NSI or this one http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Liquid-Puz ... pd_sim_t_4 Here is a local one http://www.modelcraftsandhobbies.co.nz/ ... bb5510c2c& Hope this helps out, now you have a name Report
August 23, 201016 yr comment_389256 Here is a NZ site. Seems to have jigsaw glue and fixative: pathwaypuzzles.co.nz Report
August 23, 201016 yr comment_389270 I have Holdson puzzel fixative that i use, i get it from model and craft shops, usually around $10.00 a bottle (100ml) i think from memory i did 2 puzzel with one bottle. Report
August 23, 201016 yr Author comment_389335 Excellent. Thank you all. Now I know where to look. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.